My standard bread with yeast.
- 500 g wheat flour (Type 550)
- 10 g (=2 teaspoons) salt
- 7 g (1 packet) dry yeast
- 3.5 dl lukewarm (20 degrees Celsius) water
- Mix flour, salt and dry yeast. Add the water
- Let the food processor run with the dough hook for 4 minutes at lowest speed and then for 6 minutes at highest speed until a smooth dough is obtained.
- Cover the bowl with cling film and leave to rise in a warm place for 45 minutes. Knead the dough vigorously by hand put it back in the bowl, cover with cling film and leave to rise for another 45 minutes in a warm place.
- Insert a baking tray (into the lowest rail of the oven and preheat to 220 degrees circulating air.
- Knead the dough again briefly on a floured surface and form it into a ball, sprinkle with flour and use a sharp knife to cut a cross-shaped pattern about 1 cm deep.
- Pour 1 dl of water on the baking tray in the oven. Shortly afterwards put the baking tray with the bread on the second lowest rail.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 220 degrees, then reduce temperature and finish baking at 180 degrees for about 45 (- 60) minutes. The bread is done when it sounds hollow on the underside when knocked.
- Leave to cool on a grid