the round version of our chocolate cake with a sugar coating
- 8 eggs
- 200g butter
- 300g sugar
- 260g cooking chocolate (55 to 70 % cacao)
- 160g flour
- For the coating:
- 250g icing sugar
- 4 tablespoons of water
1. beat the egg yolks with soft butter and sugar until fluffy.
2. melt the chocolate in a water bath, add to the dough and beat briefly.
3. fold in the flour with the dough scraper.
4. beat the egg whites to a beaten egg white and fold in carefully but thoroughly with the dough scraper.
5. put the dough into a round springform of about 25 cm diameter and bake at 175 degrees Celsius top and bottom heat in the middle of the oven for 45-50 minutes. Check if it is done with a metal rod.
6. allow to cool completely in the form and then place it on a plate.
7. mix icing sugar with the water and coat the cake with it (alternative: chocolate fondant)