A variation of the traditional Swiss Christmas cookie
- 250g butter
- 225g sugar
- three fresh eggs
- untreated lemon (peel and juice)
- 500g flour
- 120g icing sugar
- Cut the butter in pieces and mix them with a hand mixer until soft
- Add the 225g sugar and continue to stir shortly until mixed.
- Continue stirring and add the eggs one after the other. Stir until the mixture has a light colour.
- Grate the rind of an untreated lemon with the zest cutter and add it.
- Add the flour and knead all to a dough by hand.
- Put in the cold (below 10 degrees Celsius) for 2-3 hours.
- Remove from the cold 15-30 minutes before proceeding.
- Sprinkle the worktop and the rolling pin with flour and roll out the dough to a thickness of 8 mm using wooden sticks of the respective height as borders.
- Cut out the cookies using Christmas cookies shapes and place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Put the cookies again for 15 minutes in a cool place and then bake them for 15 minutes in the middle of the oven
- leave to cool on a grid for approx five minutes
- Make a viscous glaze from 120g icing sugar and 6 - 8 tablespoons lemon juice and coat the still warm but not hot cookies and let them dry.