an easy festive dinner
- Veal fillet (approx. 600g)
- Rectangular puff pastry (approx. 270 g)
- 150g raw ham
- 100g Champignons
- butter, mustard, salt, pepper
- marinate the veal fillet (approx. 600g) with mustard, salt and pepper. Heat some olive oil in a pan, fry all around and let it cool down.
- Put a rectangular puff pastry on a baking tray and cover with approx. 150g raw ham. Place veal fillet on top.
- roast 100g of sliced mushrooms gently in 1 tablespoon of butter, pour off any liquid and spread the mushrooms on the fillet
- close the dough over the fillet and brush with 1 egg yolk.
- bake at 210 degrees in the oven circulating air for about 25-30 minutes until the core temperature of the fillet is 60 degrees. After 20 minutes check the browning of the puff pastry and cover with aluminium foil if necessary. Can be kept warm at 60 degrees until serving.
- goes well along with seasonal vegetables and noodles with panna sauce