I initially refused to make vanilla ice cream myself, because I felt that the one available in the supermarket tastes very fine. My son convinced me and since then we repeatedly do our own vanilla ice cream and serve it with Rumtopf (fruits preserved in rum and sugar)
- 3dl cream
- 4-5 teaspoons vanilla paste (or seeds of two vanilla beans)
- 2 eggs
- 120g sugar
- 3 dl milk
- Put the Ice machine container in the freezer 24 hours before use
- Beat the cream with 4-5 tsp vanilla paste (or the seeds of two vanilla beans) until stiff
- Beat 2 eggs with 120g sugar until very frothy, add the whipped cream and 3 dl milk and mix well but carefully by hand with a whisk.
- Put it circa 30 minutes in the ice-cream machine and then for about 2 hours in the freezer.