I love “cooking the world”. That’s why the tajine is one of my favourite recipes.
- 1kg Ragout of Lamb or Beef
- 1 large red Onion
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 6 Stalks of Celery
- 80g dried Apricots
- ½ Bunch of fresh Coriander
- ½ Bunch of Parsley
- 2 tablespoons of Tomato purée
- 50g Macadamia nuts or Cashew nuts
- Half an Orange Zest
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- Season with Ras al Hanout (Arabic spice mixture), Cardamom, Cinnamon, Ginger, Cayenne Pepper, black Cumin and Salt
- First layer the ragout of lamb or beef in a large frying pan. Do not fry yet !
- Add the finely chopped onion and both garlic cloves, the stalks of celery and dried apricots and add to the still cold pan.
- Add the washed and coarsely chopped herbs and the nuts as well as the zest of half a peeled orange.
- Now add two generous tablespoons of gheebutter and one tablespoon of olive oil over the whole and switch the stove to maximum. While turning constantly, fry vigorously.
- If the meat has taken on colour, deglaze with the orange juice and Fleur d'Oranger.
- Season with Ras al Hanout (Arabian spice mixture), cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, cayenne pepper, black cumin and salt and the tomato purée
- Cook for 30 minutes at medium heat.
- Add a little more orange juice and Fleur d'Oranger as well as the honey and simmer for another 20 minutes.