A classic that goes well along with vanilla or cinnamon ice cream
- 4 dl red wine
- 1 dl port wine
- 100g sugar
- 2 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 pears (e.g. Good Luise)
1. bring all ingredients except the pears to the boil
2. peel the pears but leave the stalk on. Cut in half and remove the core.
3. simmer pears at low heat for 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally.
4. remove the pan from the heat, cover and let steep for about 1 hour.
5. remove the pears and boil down the stock to a syrup for about 15 minutes, then let it cool down.