The secret of this long cooking process makes the pumpkin butter-soft and goes well with all kinds of side dishes.
- 500g Hokaido pumpkin
- 1 red onion
- 1 chilli pepper
- Season with sea salt and a little bit pepper.
- olive oil
- 5dl white balsamic vinegar
- 50g butter
- 50g cane sugar
- 2dl warm water
- Cut the Hokaido pumpkin as well as the red onion into small pieces or choppe them with a cutter
- Remove the seeds from a chilli pepper and chop it into small pieces and put it to the pumpkin/onion mixture.
- Season with sea salt and a little pepper
- Fry the vegetables in a pan with the olive oil and deglaze with 4 dl white balsamic vinegar. Leave on the heat until the balsamic vinegar is fully vaporized
- Cool over night.
- The next day heat the mixtrue again with a large piece of butter, 50g cane sugar and 2dl warm water.
- Allow the water to fully draw up.
- At the end of the process add another decilitre of balsamic vinegar and boil until the balsamic vinegar is fully vaporized.