Making your own pasta is easy, funny and delicious
- 400g white flour (type 405)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- put the flour, eggs and salt in the bowl of the food processor and mix well for 1-2 minutes with the "general" hook (K-hook).
- Insert the dough kneading hook and knead for 3-5 minutes until the dough is crumbly.
- Flour the working surface and knead to a smooth dough with moistened hands for about 5 minutes.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and let it rest in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- cut the dough into 4 pieces
- set the pasta machine to the maximum distance and turn the dough through. Reduce the distance and repeat the procedure until the dough has the desired thickness (e.g. 2-3 mm, typically second smallest).
- change the motor to the other side and cut the dough into the desired format (e.g. tagliatelle)
- leave to dry on a pasta stand and keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- cook al dente in boiling salted water for about 5 minutes.