As a young child my son liked to bake and above all; he makes a thousand times better cakes than I do. 🙂 Yesterday he wanted to bake and baked a Linzertorte for old songs by Ozzy Osbourne. Of course, the strips were replaced by bats made of dough. Here’s a little teaser for Halloween;-)
- 300g butter
- 2 eggs
- 150g sugar (granulated)
- 150g cane sugar
- 1 zest of a whole lemon
- 4 cloves, head only
- 350g grated hazelnuts
- 400g flour
- 150g raspberry jam
- 250g blackberry, strawberry and currant jam mix
- Flour for rolling out
- 1 egg white
- Cut the butter into pieces and mix well together with the 2 whole eggs, sugar, grated lemon zest and the grated heads of the cloves (or half a mocha spoon of clove powder).
- Add the hazelnuts and the flour.
- Knead everything together to a homogeneous dough. If the dough is too dry, add another whole egg and knead well.
- Put some dough aside for the decoration
- Roll out the dough and put it into a buttered 24cm round baking tray. Instead of rolling it out, you can also distribute it evenly on the tray by hand.
- Mix the rasperry jam with the the jam mix and spread it thick on the pastry.
- Roll out the dough kept aside for the decoration and use a bat dough cutter and cover the dough with it (the tradional Austrian would cut it in boring stripes...).
- Coat the dough bats with egg white.
- Bake at 30 -35 minutes, 180 degrees circulating air