A classic Italian dish – serves well with Polenta
- 4 knuckles of veal
- 2 carrots
- 1-2 leek
- 1-2 stalk celery
- sprig of rosemary
- garlic clove
- ground pepper
- 2 dl red wine
- 400 g Pelati
- 2 dl bouillon
- kitchen string
- Remove fat and skin of the veal knuckles and tie them with kitchen string.
- Chop the onion in fine cubes and press the garlic clove. Cut the carrots in small cubes, the leeks and the stalk celery in strips. Chop the rosemary finely.
- Mix 1 tablespoon flour with paprika, pepper and salt, season the knuckles on both sides, fry them in a roaster and set them aside.
- Steam the chopped onion and the pressed garlic clove in the same roaster. Add carrots, leeks, stalk celery sticks and the rosemary and sauté.
- Add 2 dl of red wine and reduce by half over high heat (approx. 10 minutes).
- Add 400 g Pelati and 2 dl bouillon and cook for a few minutes - season with pepper and salt to taste.
- Place the knuckles of veal on the vegetables and put the roaster for 60-75 minutes in the oven at 180 degrees Celsium
Polenta goes well with this dish