A light autumn meal side dish that goes wonderfully with red or white meat, fish or as a veggie side dish. I prepared for once a green dinner, thats why I combinated green apples with the celery. Of course every sort of apples will be fine.
- 10 Celery stalks
- 2 Green Apples (Granny Smith) or of course every other sort of Apples
- 1 red Onion
- 70g Butter
- 3dl Water
- Salt and Chilli flakes
- 1/2 Bunch of Chives
- Cut the cabbage from the celery and then cut small pieces about 1 cm thick.
- Core the apples and cut them into small pieces.
- Fry in a frying pan with butter and a small red onion. Deglaze with 3dl water and cook until soft.
- Again and again mix small pieces of butter with the vegetables.
- If necessary, add more water and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and chilli flakes.
- At the end spread half a bunch of chopped chives and a little celery herb over it.
If you prefer it softer, simply boil it longer.