The star of any festive dinner
- 800g beef fillet
- 200g Champignons
- 200g veal sausage meat
- 100g bacon cubes
- 2 rectangular puff pastries (together approx. 500g each)
- one egg yolk
- lemon juice
- Provencal herbs
- goes along well with seasonal vegetables
- Marinate the beef fillet with a mixture of 4 teaspoons mustard, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon thyme, 1 teaspoon curry, ground pepper and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Fry the beef on all sides in olive oil in a frying pan.
- Allow to cool and then remove any cooking cords.
- Chop the Champignons in slices
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a frying pan and steam the mushrooms with 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt and Provencal herbs. Cover almost completely and simmer for about 20 minutes until the liquid is gone.
- Fry the bacon cubes and add them with the sausage meat to the still warm mushrooms and whisk well until it is a homogenous filling.
- Place the fillet on one of the rectangular puff pastries and spread the filling over it.
- pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Wrap the fillet with the second puff pastry. Cut off dough if it is too large and use it for decoration.
- coat with 1 egg yolk and put the fillet for approx. 35-40 minutes in the middle of the oven until the core temperature is 60 degrees.
- Goes well along with seasonal vegetables