A French Classic
- 2 duck breast fillets (approx. 300g each) with fat layer
- 1.5 kg (blood) oranges
- 10 sprigs of rosemary
- Two handfuls of unsalted pistachios
- Goes well along with pasta and seasonal vegetables
1. cut the fat layer of the duck breasts at a distance of 0.5 cm. Salt and pepper both sides of the fillet.
2. Press two oranges to juice. Fillet the remaining oranges and remove the coarsest parts of the white skin.
3. chop rosemary leaves finely, mix with the coarsely chopped pistachios and 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. heat a casserole strongly without adding oil and fry the duck breast on the fat side for 3 minutes, turn it, fry it on the other side for 2 minutes and put it aside.
5. drain off any fat from the casserole, put some olive oil in it and line with the filleted oranges
6. Put the the duck breasts on the oranges, pour the orange juice over them and season with ground pepper. Spread the rosemary and pistachio mixture around the duck breasts.
7. cook in the oven at 90 degrees until the core temperature is 65 degrees (takes about 60-75 minutes depending on the size of the berast).
8. cut the duck breast into slices for serving and decorate with oranges and the rosemary pistachios.
Goes well along with pasta and seasonal vegetables.