THE classic Christmas cookie of our hometown. Each family has their own recipe which they consider the best – this is Adrians version
- 250g ground almonds
- 150g sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 fresh egg whites
- 100g dark chocolate (Cailler Crémant)
- 2 tablespoons Kirsch
- Mix ground almonds, sugar, cocoa powder, flour and the cinnamon together in a bowl
- add two lightly beaten fresh egg whites
- Boil 100g dark chocolate in a water bath until soft, dispose of the water and add to the dough.
- Season with the kirsch and mix well by hand. You might want to add sugar and/or almonds if the dough is too moist.
- Sprinkle the worktop and rolling pin with sugar and roll out the dough to a thickness of 1 cm using wood sticks of the respective height as border
- cut out the cookies using Christmas cookie shapes and place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Put in a cool place (below 10 degrees Celsius) for 2-3 hours.
- preheat the oven to 240 degrees Celsius and bake them for approx. 4-5 minutes until the surface is dry but has no cracks yet
- cool them on a grid. Note that the cookies are still a little soft when coming out of the oven. They will harden when cooled down.