Last year we were invited to a wedding in England and ate something very similar in a Brazilian restaurant. This is a tribute to M&J and their lovely wedding.
- 8 chicken legs
- Season with chilli flakes, salt and Quatre Epice mixture
- 3dl white wine
- 1 spring onion
- 1 plantain
- 1 mango
- 1 papaya i
- 30g butter
- Season with Quatre Epice, cinnamon, 1 mocha spoonful of cane sugar and Hawais salt (black salt)
- 1dl coconut milk
- Black or red rice.
- Put the chicken legs into a ovenproof form
- Season generously with chilli flakes, salt and Quatre Epice mixture and pour with 3dl white wine, so that the chicken is up to the middle in the wine .
- Bake at 220°C circulating air for approx. 25 minutes.
- Cut the the spring onion, the plantain, fresh mango and the papaya into bite-sized pieces and fry all in a wok in butter.
- Deglaze with a little water
- Season with Quatre Epice, cinnamon, cane sugar and Hawaiian salt (black salt).
- Add the coconut milk and the chicken and the remaining wine and cook everything in a wok until the chicken is done. This needs between 20 – 25 minutes
- Serve with black or red rice