Longing memories of Marseille because of the capers and the smell of lavender that spreads warmly in the heart and stomach while eating.
- 500g minced veal. Let the butcher turn it through the mincer three times (so that it is really smooth)!
- 80g dried tomatoes
- 80g black or green olive rings
- 80g Capers
- 1 red spring onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs or oat flakes
- 2 eggs
- Season: 1 tablespoon lavender blossoms, basil leaves, sea salt and Pimet d'Esplette.
- Olive oil
- Put the minced meat in a large bowl
- Cut the dried tomatoes and the black and/or green olive rings, the spring onion and the clove of garlic into small pieces and add to the meat
- Add the Capers, the breadcrumbs or oat flakes and both eggs
- Season with a tablespoon lavender blossoms, basil leaves, sea salt and Pimet d’Esplette
- Now mix all well to a fleshy dough.
- Shape a handful of meat dough into a ball and turn in a plate with flour.
- Heat olive oil in a high frying pan and fry as many balls as there is space in the pan at once. The dough is enough for about 20 balls.
- Keep the roasted balls warm in the oven at 180°C circulating air until serving.