A tasty asiatic dinner – the number of used chillis depend on taste
- 600g Chinese cabbage
- 500g beef fillet
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 15g ginger root
- 3 spring onions
- 3 dried chillies
- 300g pineapple
- 1 teaspoon whole coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon pepper corns
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of spicy black bean paste
- some leaves of Thai basil for decoration
- 300g Basmati rice
- peel the ginger and cut it into very small cubes. Press garlic (or chop finely). Cut spring onions into fine rings. Cut the Thai basil into strips. Cut the pineapple slices in 6 pieces each. Remove the seeds from the chillies.
- heat the frying pan and roast the chillies, coriander seeds and peppercorns without adding oil, stirring constantly. Then crush the spices finely in a mortar.
- mix honey, soy sauce and bean paste well in a small bowl and prepare a glass with 1 dl of water.
- prepare Chinese cabbage and cut into fine strips. Cut the beef fillet across the fibre into thin strips.
- Bring 300g Basmati rice to the boil with 5 dl water and 1 teaspoon salt, cover and allow to simmer at low temperature for about 10 minutes.
- heat 1 Tablespoon oil in a frying pan and stir-fry onions, garlic and ginger, add the spice mixture and stir in the honey mixture. Add 1 dl of water, bring to the boil and then set aside in a small bowl for further use.
- heat some oil in the frying pan and fry the beef strips. Add the sauce and the pineapple pieces and mix well. Finally, fold the Chinese cabbage strips into the meat and simmer briefly until it is warm but still crisp.
- serve meat with the rice and decorate with the Thai basil strips.