An easy festive meal
- 800g beef fillet
- olive oil
- 2-3 sprigs of rosemary
- paprika powder
- dried thyme
- 1 shallot
- 4 dl white wine vinegar
- mustard seeds
- 2-3 thyme sprigs
- smoked salt
- 2 dl cream
- 30g butter
- salt, pepper
Fillet of beef:
- Coat the beef fillet with about 2 tablespoons of olive oil and vacuum it together with the rosemary twigs and cook it at 56 degrees for two hours in a water bath.
- Make a marinade from 4 tablespoons mustard, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon thyme, 1 teaspoon curry, 1 teaspoon salt and ground pepper. Marinate the fillet of beef and fry strongly on all sides.
- cut the shallot into small pieces.
- Bring 4 dl white wine vinegar (or white wine, cider) to the boil in a small pan and add the shallots. Add ½ teaspoon mustard seeds, thyme twigs, ½ teaspoon smoked salt and ground pepper and reduce by half over a high heat for about 10 minutes.
- Drain with a sieve and return the liquid to the pan. Add 2 dl cream and simmer on a low heat.
- Mix 30 g butter with 2 tablespoons flour, stir into the sauce and bring to the boil again.
- Season to taste with pepper, salt and other spices.
- Depending on consistency, dilute with water or thicken butter/flour mixture.